Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Please read the information listed below carefully, as each registration booking is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the Afterlife Explorers Conference.
Registering for this event or by purchasing tickets at the door of the venue (Aanuka Beach Resort) means that you have accepted these terms and conditions as listed below:
- Registration It is preferred that all participants pay the registration fee prior to arrival at the conference venue. This is so to avoid unnecessary queues and delays in getting you seated. On arrival participants must have a copy of their official receipt or payment slip and present this to the staff at the registration desk – or be prepared to show photographic ID such as a Drivers Licence.
- a) We will strive to make the seating arrangements and environment inside the venue as comfortable as possible.
- b) Premium seats can be reserved at a small additional cost
- Cancellation Policy
- a) Registration cancellations must be sent by email. The Subject Title is to include your Name and then – TICKET REFUND REQUEST. email: email@example.com). ie Subject title : John Doe – TICKET REFUND REQUEST
- b) Cancellation requests received 120 working days prior the first day of the conference/event will receive a refund of registration fees less an administration charge of 20% of the Conference fee. Cancellations made with less than 120 working days (as well as ‘no shows’) are non-refundable. No credits will be issued for cancellations or ‘no shows’.
- c) Participants must make sure they receive an acknowledgement of their cancellation from the Afterlife Explorers Organiser. Only this will confirm that their request has been received and processed.
- d) You may substitute delegates without incurring additional fees at any time prior to the event by emailing the conference organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- e) In the event that the Afterlife Explorers Conference is cancelled for any reason, you will receive a refund of the full conference fee only. Flights, accommodation, and any other loss sustained will not be reimbursed.
- f) In the event that the Afterlife Explorers Conference is postponed for any reason and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled date, the full conference fee will be refunded. Flights, accommodation, and any other loss sustained will not be reimbursed.
- g) The Afterlife Explorers Conference Organiser is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration or cancellation/postponement of the Afterlife Conference. The Organiser shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event this conference is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this conference impracticable, illegal or impossible, in the sole opinion of The Organiser. For the purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, earthquake, labour strike, extreme weather or other emergency.
- h) Please note that while speakers and topics were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organisers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics and the programme and format of the event may be changed accordingly. As such, the Organiser reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers, topics, formats or programme as deemed necessary without any liability to delegates whatsoever. Any/all substitutions, alterations or amendments will be notified via updates on the conference website as soon as possible.
- a) The Afterlife Conference Organiser reserves the right to amend any part of the Conference programme if necessary at any time. Every effort will be made to ensure the programme is of equivalent standard.
- b) The Afterlife Conference Organiser will not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by delegates or accompanying persons, or loss of, or damage to their personal property as a result of the Conference or related events.
- a) The Afterlife Explorers Organiser and the venue ( Byron Community Centre ) reserve the right to prohibit entry of any person to the event, or eject any person from the event based on non conformity to the dress code or behaviour deemed inappropriate by staff and/or its agents and others working under its authority.
- b) Canvassing by participants is strictly prohibited at the Afterlife Explorers Conference. Promotional materials may not be distributed at the conference except by event speakers and sponsors. Participants violating this policy will be asked to leave the event immediately.
- Privacy Notice
- a) The Afterlife Conference Organiser is concerned with the protection of your privacy. We support the privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), as amended. The Organiser collects and stores your personal information for the purposes of marketing future events and obtaining past and future conference feedback.
- b) Your details will not be provided to third parties.
- Image Release
- a) By registering for The Afterlife Explorers Conference, delegates grant permission to the Organiser, its agents and others working under its authority, to take and to have full and free use of video/photographs containing their image/likeness. It is understood these images may be used for promotional, news, on-line/multimedia, research and/or educational purposes by and for the Afterlife Explorers Conference Organiser.
- b) Delegates agree that they are not entitled to remuneration, residuals, royalties or any other payment from the Afterlife Explorers Organiser in respect of their image/likeness or its use.
- c) Delegates release, discharge, and hold harmless, the Afterlife Explorers Conference Organiser and its agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions that they may hereafter have by reason of anything contained in the photographs or video.
- d) You will need to accept and agree to the following statements:
- I understand that the Organiser may use these images in their marketing material.
- I understand that if I do not wish to have my image, or voice recorded and used in this way then I need to inform the Organising Team and any media person taking my photo, videoing me, or recording my voice at the conference.
- e) If you contact any member of the Organising Team a sticker will be placed on your conference nametag that will alert photographers of your wishes. They will do their utmost to avoid photographing or recording people identified in this way. It is also your responsibility to remove yourself from situations where photographs are being taken, or video and audio are being recorded.
- f) Photographers will do their best to take group images that do not identify individuals, and will seek permission in particular instances where close-up images are taken.
- g) Other delegates may take and distribute images or recordings via social networking sites or independent websites or reports. The Organiser can take no responsibility for material or images used in this way.
- Special Requirements
- a) Every effort will be made to ensure that participants with special needs are catered for. Should you require any specific needs please email the Organiser email@example.com
- Workshop Events and Tickets
- a) All workshop tickets are sold separate to the one day and two day conference passes
- b) You do not need to be a day pass holder to attend a workshop
All advice, decisions, opinions, recommendations, proposals, presentations, seminars and reports, whether written or oral, are made in good faith by The Afterlife Conference Organiser on the basis of value judgements influenced by current commercial and organisational conditions. These may be affected by unforeseen events and factors outside the Organisers control and, as such, we reserve the right to amend or cancel planned or previously agreed arrangements. In this instance, the Organiser shall not be liable in any event to delegates, exhibitors, or any other person or third party for any direct or consequential loss or damage sustained arising out of or in connection with this event.
Australian Afterlife Explorers Conference Web Site Agreement
The www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au Web Site (the “Site”) is an online information service provided by Australian Afterlife Explorers Conference (“www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au “), subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth below. PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SITE. www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT ON THE SITE. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS AND YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
1. Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions.
The entire contents of the Site are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. The owner of the copyrights and trademarks are www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au, its affiliates or other third party licensors. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, COPY, REPRODUCE, REPUBLISH, UPLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT, OR DISTRIBUTE, IN ANY MANNER, THE MATERIAL ON THE SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE. You may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. You agree to grant to www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to any public areas of the Site (such as bulletin boards, forums and newsgroups) or by e-mail to www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au.
Publications, products, content or services referenced herein or on the Site are the exclusive trademarks or servicemarks of www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au. Other product and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
2. Use of the Site.
You understand that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au, www.afterlifeexplorers.com.audoes not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in any way. Except for www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au- identified information, products or services, all information, products and services offered through the Site or on the Internet generally are offered by third parties, that are not affiliated with www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au a. You also understand that www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INTERNET. www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au PROVIDES THE SITE AND RELATED INFORMATION “AS IS” AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY. www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU UNDERSTAND FURTHER THAT THE PURE NATURE OF THE INTERNET CONTAINS UNEDITED MATERIALS SOME OF WHICH ARE SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO YOU. YOUR ACCESS TO SUCH MATERIALS IS AT YOUR RISK. www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SUCH MATERIALS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICE, OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICE, OR ANY DELAY OF SUCH INFORMATION OR SERVICE. EVEN IF www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICE AND/OR MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one or which may link to this Site. When you access a non-www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au web site, please understand that it is independent from www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au, and that www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au web site does not mean that www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Service from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Service.
4. Third Party Rights.
The provisions of paragraphs 2 (Use of the Service), and 3 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Service. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
This Agreement may be terminated by either party without notice at any time for any reason. The provisions of paragraphs 1 (Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions), 2 (Use of the Service), 3 (Indemnification), 4 (Third Party Rights) and 6 (Miscellaneous) shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall all be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia applicable to agreements made and to be performed in Australia. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Australia . Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Service must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred. www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. www.afterlifeexplorers.com.au may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.